Are You A Hunger Hero?
In Minnesota, 1 in 5 families with children are food insecure -- meaning they lack consistent access to a nutritious, well-balanced diet. Neighborhood House’s food support programs provide struggling families with access to healthy, culturally-appropriate food to meet a vital community need.
In 2014 Neighborhood House provided over 1,000,000 pounds in food support.
The Wellstone Center Food Shelf
• Located in Neighborhood House’s main campus on the West Side of Saint Paul.
• Serves over 2500 pounds of food daily to over 10,000 families each year.
• One of the largest and most multicultural food shelves in the area.
• One-half of those served are children.
The Francis Basket Food Shelf
• The only food shelf in Highland Park, Francis Basket is a critical resource for many families.
• Close to 1 in 10 Highland residents live at or below the poverty level.
• Provides 11,000 pounds of food monthly to 2,200 families annually
• Food shelf participants are primarily new immigrants.
• In 2014, 272,000 pounds of fresh, nutritious, and FREE fruits and vegetables were distributed.
• 24 events held from May through September.
• Over 4000 households served
You Can Help
Donate dollars to support families in need. With our bulk purchasing power we can stretch a dollar three times further. Online contributions can be made at www.neighb.org.
Lead a food drive at your business, faith community, or book club! Every food item contributed helps us to meet a vital community need.
Share this information at your workplace, with neighbors and friends, and in your social media networks.